Enjoy the style and appeal of Normandy ever day when you design your home with this classic city’s character. Gelotte Hommas Architecture has created lovely homes with Normandy’s appeal. The following design elements are a few of the any we suggest incorporating into your plans.
- A Traditional Stone Exterior – You’ll instantly feel like you’ve been transported to Normandy when you pull up to your home’s exterior. Natural stone gives the home a classic, vintage look. Plenty of windows, framed in neutral brown, allow light to shine into the house.
- Creamy Stone Walls – Carrying on the stone look throughout the interior makes the home look cohesive. It also provides a neutral backdrop, to which you can add other neutral-colored furniture and accessories.
- Exposed Ceiling Beams – Nothing says rustic, rural Normandy like exposed ceiling beams. They add a touch of darker color to your otherwise light-colored interior, and they help emphasize the spaciousness of your rooms.
- Open Staircases – Open staircases also contribute to the spacious appeal of a traditional Normandy home. Just imagine how amazing you’ll look while walking down an open staircase — especially one with a bend or an elbow. Iron railings add even more character.
- Shiny Hardwood Floors – Hardwood floors match your exposed wood ceiling beams, giving your home a sense of balance. Choose a medium finish for the most authentic look, or a dark one if you want to create more of a contrast. Hardwood gives your living room and kitchen a very home-like appeal.
If you’re ready to design your Normandy style home, contact the talented architects at Gelotte Hommas Architecture. We’ll be happy to discuss these and other ideas that will give your home the traditional look you crave.