Living in a Mediterranean villa lets you experience the beauty of nature to its fullest. This style of home is designed to blend into the natural beauty of its surroundings. Natural materials such as stone and wood make it timeless and appealing.
Gelotte Hommas Architecture has had the pleasure of designing Mediterranean villas for several of our clients. We love the simple, yet classic appeal of these spacious and luxurious homes. Here’s a look a few of the design elements we recommend incorporating when working with an architect to design your own Mediterranean villa:
- A simple bay window, lined with wooden frames and looking out onto a natural stone patio, lets plenty of natural light shine into your living room. Arrange a table and chairs by the bay window to take full advantage of the light and the outdoor beauty.
- Medium-dark stained wood can be used throughout the home to create a luxurious appeal. A wooden loft, exposed wooden ceiling beams, and crown molding create a cohesive appeal.
- Pillars are an essential feature of any Mediterranean home. Use hardy stone pillars to support a loft and to frame your entryway.
- An arched stone hood can be used to above your stove to give your kitchen a classic appeal. Pair it with a stone tile backdrop.
- An open stairway, made from wood and surrounded by simple, stone tile, adds to the spaciousness of the Mediterranean design. A simple wrought iron handrail adds appeal.
- Neutral colors, such as cream and deep brown, are used throughout the home. Adding a splash of subdued colors, such as a deep coral or a rich, holly green, is an option, too.
Contact Gelotte Hommas Architecture to learn more about our design services, and to discuss your dream of owning a Mediterranean villa.