Pulling in the driveway at a comfortable cottage always feels like you’re coming home to a place of comfort and relaxation. Cottage homes are not only charming, but also timeless in the way that they balance soft corners, natural materials and plenty of sunlight. If you’re thinking of building your own cottage home, use these ideas from our Storybrook Cottage design as inspiration.
- Arched doorways between the living room and kitchen create a soft, friendly look in these rooms. You and your guests will be welcomed to meander from room to room, socializing or enjoying the open space.
- When it comes to cottage home designs, there is no better choice than a hardwood floor. Light shining in through large windows and reflecting off of the hardwood looks luxurious.
- Make sure you include many large windows in your design, especially in the dining room. If you’re surrounded by views of nature on three sides, you’ll feel like you’re dining in the great outdoors.
- Choose a country-style kitchen design that uses plenty of white, glass cabinets and a stone counter top to create a look that’s charming and timeless.
- Don’t under-estimate the importance of choosing the right paint colors. In a cottage, neutrals are king, but pick shades with a touch of color in them, such as gray with a hint of green, to give your cottage a creative appeal.
To learn more about our cottage homes, and to discuss your own design needs, contact Gelotte Hommas Architecture. We’d be happy to help you design the cottage-style home of your dreams.