You don’t have to live in Europe to enjoy European-inspired home designs. Use these ideas as inspiration as you create a home that has individual character and a European appeal.
Build a cottage style home out of white stone, and you’ll be reminded of France’s stone architecture every time you pull into the driveway. You can give it noticeable European character by including a gently sloped roof with a single dormer, and by surrounding it with lush landscaping. Inside, using stained wood in the ceilings will make it feel authentic and natural.
A Neutral, European Kitchen
To create a kitchen that reminds you of Europe, you don’t need a lot of space — just neutrally colored, natural materials. Create floor-to-ceiling cabinets in light-colored, natural wood. Accentuate them with a kitchen island made from darker wood and topped with a plain, black counter. Use pendant lights to give the space warmth, and a simple tile floor for balance.
An Extravagant Stone Home
If you’re thinking of building a large family home, integrate the following elements of European style:
- Use arches and pillars to separate a front patio.
- Include multiple dormers on a steeply slanted roof.
- Include a chimney for style, even though modern heating systems don’t demand one.
- Use rocks in your simple landscape to add a flourish of European style.
- Large, glass windows on the bottom floor are one of the most popular elements of European home designs.
At Gelotte Hommas Architecture, we focus on putting the art in architecture. We love adding European-inspired touches to our home designs. Contact us today if you’d like to use these and other European home designs to create the space of your dreams.